Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some Lab Results...

Okay, so some of Jay's results are back from the lab and it's got me worried....

The DNA screen for Celiac is not back yet, that one takes about 10 days...I won't be able to get that one until next week.

But he is anemic again (sigh). His iron level is at 28, and his saturation is low. Which I guess is normal when your iron levels are low. We've been through the low iron before, he was on an iron supplement for a while..it was doable although it's nasty smelling stuff....even stained our carpet green.

I am worried about the fact that his red blood cells are low. 3.88 and normal is 4. I wonder what that means? I am tempted to search the web but am afraid that it will just scare me.....I know I will post on my mommy boards for sure. I know, it doesn't seem very low at all when you know 4 is normal...but I worry about the whole picture.

What if this whole celiac thing is way off? If not celiac and not an allergy, what is going on with his poor little body? How sick could he really be when he basically looks like a healthy, happy little boy? Ugh.

I'm starting to be scared. Just a little, but scared nonetheless.....

No comments: