Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Thanksmasween!

Or should I say Merry Hallochrisgiving??

I have been thinking about this quite a bit lately.... really any time I have gone into a store since before Halloween. It boggles my mind that holidays and seasons just seem to run into each other more and more, especially this time of year. Do retail stores actually get that much more money by putting their Christmas stuff out so early? I have a hard time believing that. And what's the purpose of playing Christmas music on the radio before Thanksgiving has even come and gone.....

I love Christmas music, I really do. It's my favorite...and within the next few weeks the choir and bells at church will start looking at pieces and I will be starting to figure out what I want to do for a solo for Christmas Eve and will start practicing. But I avoid the local radio station that is already playing it o the radio....cause that will just serve to burn me out.

I love the season (both the religious and secular parts of it)..... can't wait for Christmas to come... (though I do have a lot of work to do and need to get to it....)...and I am looking forward to hearing all the wonderful music once Advent has started.

Before though....no thanks. Count me out. Even if I would be considered a scrooge to think so. Bah Humbug....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree...people already have their decorations out around here! We at least wait until Thanksgiving is over...teehee!